General Information
Concerning Name Change

In the United States, with the exception of the State of Pennsylvania, people may change their names freely as long as the request is reasonable and does not impinge on the rights of others. Some reasons for changing names are to resume a maiden name after divorce, to avoid spelling or pronunciation difficulties, to break with the past, or for business or stage purposes.

In Florida, the Court takes into consideration prior felony record, bankruptcies, and judgment creditors before granting a Name Change request. A minor child can have his or her name changed by the Court only if BOTH parents or guardians consent.

We can prepare the following forms:

  • Adult Name Change
  • Minor Child Name Change
  • Family Name Change

This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device. Please upgrade your web browser.